As windmills are in fact the sightseeing thing of the Netherlands, I took Irena to see the other place in Holland that is rich with them - Kinderdijk.
The place is quite close to Rotterdam. You can even take a watertaxi to Rotterdam from here. In fact, I remember I once did take one with a friend that visited me that distant year of 2007.Many people have problems understanding how certain Dutch areas can lie under sea level and not get flooded and how water is directed into higher-lying canals.
Well, Kinderdijk is a perfect place to see it in real.
From the dyke where the road is you can see the big river Rhine on the one side and the lower-lying area of Kinderdijk mills on the other side. As you walk down the dyke towards the mills, you pass these two turbines that take the water up to the Rhine River. In the past, that was the job of the windmills and such turbines where inside the mills.
The day was amazing so a photo session was inevitable.
Avtor
Mojčica
0 komentarji:
Objavite komentar