The reason I'm opening this post with a photo of a factory is the aroma of cacao that wafts towards you the moment you step out of the train at Zaandam Koog in order to go sightseeing around the famous windmills at Zaanse Schans.
Mmmmmmm ... The air was filled with a delicious smell of cacao and I got completely overwhelmed. I kept sniffing it in, not seeming to get enough of it. That scent, it was like a drug to me. Wonderful addiction!




The aroma of cacao accompanied us all the way to the mills on the other side of the river. On the way I noticed a great bar. Exactly like the one I'm going to open myself one day. I can imagine they make profit just from people stopping in their bar to sit down and enjoy the scent of yummy chocolate.



































The area of Zaanse Schans is almost that of a fairy tale. You can take a stroll along the canal flanked by small green houses with green backyards with flowers. One of them used to house the first Albert Heijn shop (Albert Heijn is nowadays one of the biggest supermarket chain in the Netherlands. Besides, the guy is said to have invented the bar code.)


























The sight of the windmills along the river is charming.

























I once again performed my tour guide skills quite well as you can see on my explaining expression. :)

0 komentarji:

Objavite komentar

zemljevid Nizozemske

Enter your email address:

subscribe
Omne tulit punctum qui miscuit utile dulce.

Spremljevalci