The NS obviously wanted to make up for my being stranded on Saturday. Yesterday (Monday), all trains and trams arrived on time and I was at work unusually early this time.
But then again, something else had to happen, obviously, since otherwise, there would be no story to tell. :)
I got some major translation work to do so I didn't leave the embassy until 5 pm. I didn't realize that was the time most people finish working because I normally always left around 3 pm. I didn't notice the unusual flow of rushing people until I got to the Central station (because I decided to take a walk there and didn't take a tram). So, I almost had to queue to get to the train I wanted. And when I did reach it, all carriages seemed to be full.
I decided to walk further down the middle of the train, thinking nobody bothered walking that far, but I was wrong. Even the last carriage was packed. Then it hit me - it's 5.30. Hard-working people are on their way home, you lazybones that finishes at 3 pm, hahaha.
Well, at first, I could at least stand normally, but by the time the train departed, I had been pushed against the glass wall, so I clung to the handrail not to crash into other people when the train would jerk (to a halt or to change rails).
It was the Queen's Day (or the World Cup Finals) all over again. I could hardly breathe. It was one long way to Leiden this time. I was really starting to feel sick. The windows on the inside of the carriage misted up. At Leiden station, we literally spilt out. Ah, fresh air!
Avtor
Mojčica
0 komentarji:
Objavite komentar