No, da golo pisanje prejšnje objave dopolnim še s fotkami.

Moje študijsko okolje za pisalno mizo (ki je hkrati tudi jedilna):
* zlovešča bukva (na eni sliki odprta na strani z akropolo - prav pred očmi imam fotografijo, ko ležimo/sedimo spredaj, nad nami pa jasno modro nebo. Drugi letnik, ne?) in zvezčič za opombe in povzetke
* slovar
* telefon, zaradi ure, da ne bi slučajno predolgo študirala, hahaha, in vedno v upanju na kak prijeten mesič ali klic presenečenja :)
* papirnati robčki, ker sem staknila konkreten prehlad in gre tako enih paketkov na dan, KLJUB temu, da sem filam z vitamini na kvadrat: čaj z medom in limono, grozdje in jabolko. Tako za telesni kot tudi umski napor.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dear friends, I guess I owe you a post in English, don't I? I was being rather selfish and biased with all these Slovene posts. But let me make it up to you.

I've been busy studying for this exam next Wednesday for quite some time now. It takes place next Wednesday (21st) from 11 am to 1 pm, so fingers crossed!
It's the exam in Art History of the West and the Classics, basically how the art of ancient Greece and Rome influenced the art of the West and how it is actually still present in modern Western art and architecture. I'm supposed to recognize buildings, statues and paintings and date them in periods. Not so easy, especially not for someone who isn't really good with numbers.

THE book that I have to study is a bible of the department of Art History at the Leiden University. Note that thick book in the photos: Gardner's Art through the Ages. Yep! Am I having second thoughts about having chosen Art History as my specialisation? Not really, though the 'history' part of the 'art history' name surely does play some role with my having some difficulties.

Well, at least the weather has been working in my favour these past couple of weeks and days. It's often rainy. Though it never really rains long here.
The weather isn't really my thing here in the Netherlands, though I shouldn't complain too much. The autumn in Leiden can be so lovely. It's gotten pretty cold, though, so I put my winter jacket on for the first time last night. A bit too late, I guess, because I'd caught some major cold. That's why that package of Etos zakdoekjes (paper tissues) on the table. I have to keep a package of tissues on me at every moment. My nose is literally leaking. It does make me wonder, though, since I've been keeping such a close eye on me and my precious health - look at all those vitamins there: grapes, an apple, a whole pot of tea with honey and some lemon. C'mon! It simply isn't fair!

Anyways, no classes this week - a so-called study week for studying, working on papers, and taking exams. Wish me luck, and please don't give up on me. I'll do my best to post some more English letters in the future.

2 komentarji:

Mesič? Ne gre in ne gre.... a si številko spremenila? Itak, a ne... Fajn študiraj! :D

Hej! Tudi jaz sem ti skušala poslati sms, pa ni šlo - kaj se dogaja???

Fingers crossed at all times, še posebno pa v sredo! May the Force be with you;)

Lp, Saramiška

Objavite komentar

zemljevid Nizozemske

Enter your email address:

subscribe
Omne tulit punctum qui miscuit utile dulce.

Spremljevalci